NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE – PERFECT FOR BACK TO SCHOOL OR A TWILIGHT SESSION CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE
Today every child, every day is affected more and more by the world in which we live.
That’s a big challenge to those who look after them, be it in schools, clubs or at home.
In this whole school safeguarding seminar you will:
- Discover the five building blocks to a safer school
- Understand the three easily recognisable symptoms of abuse
- Boost your understanding of local and national risks to children and young people
- Find out how to overcome today’s safeguarding challenges; and
- Transform your thinking and begin to see your personal safeguarding impact
Everybody, everyday has such a vital role in safeguarding children and young people, but it can feel like an overwhelming task. Andrew Hall is a former headteacher who know helps school keep children safe and it is his belief that knowledgeable adults better understand the challenges, change culture and reduce risk.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are not the same thing. Andrew Hall will outline his model of Effective Safeguarding, and help you think about how it will make a difference to your school and the young people and families you support.
By the end of this seminar you will:
- Understand the content of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019)’
- Know the signs and symptoms of abuse including the most uptodate risks and challenges
- Evaluate the impact of your own role; and
- Learn what to do if it looks like nothing’s changed for a child
“I think the word training is out of date, and much prefer the words ‘building capacity’ to safeguard, both as individuals and as organisations. We can never know enough. It’s never over; and Serious Case Reviews into child deaths and serious harm continue to develop our understanding.”
Join Specialist Safeguarding Consultant, Andrew Hall, in this whole school safeguarding seminar and make sure you can:
- Comply with statutory guidance from the Department for Education
- Evaluate your school by Ofsted and ISI Compliance standards
- Promote a culture of safeguarding
- Engage parents and children in developing their own understanding; and
- Understand how to keep children safe from the risk of harm
The statutory government guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019) says, ‘All staff members should receive appropriate safeguarding and child protection training which is regularly updated…at least annually.’
To book this whole school safeguarding seminar, call 01223 929269 today, or email email@example.com.
PS No Death Power Point!